Thursday, October 22, 2009

NeoBux: For the Future?

NeoBux has taken a turn that may mean more profit in the future, or the start of a downfall. At around the 20/21, the admin of NeoBux announced the starting of some phases. On the 21st, many NeoBuxers were presented with a choice (something like the below):
1. YES - I want to move ahead with the future, paying the fee ($0.02 per referral for some, $0.05 for others, and some more varying amounts)
2. NO - I want to keep the system as it is (and face potential penalties?).

There was a warning that the choice was permanent, so to choose carefully.

There was an uproar about this. The thing most asked for was, basically, "more details, please!" We knew the cost of saying YES -- letting referrals die would cost at least $0.02 per referral. As many commented, it seemed to leave many in a deadlock. I myself had and have been concentrating on making my NeoBux account stable. I was renting a lot more than I had before, and they just weren't performing. I suspect that this measure is being put in to decrease the amount of renting going on, "abusing" the system.

The admin remarked about the responses to his post, along with the result (93% said YES, 7% NO, and about 50% of those who complained still clicked YES), that he was trashing phase 3 because people weren't ready for it, and toning down phase 2. People on the forum kept talking about Trust and having Faith in the admin. I always see this as a bad sign. While I understand the direction that he wants to take this, the encouragement to what basically amounts to "blind faith"... I take a double-take at it.

What will the future hold for NeoBux? I'm not sure, but I'm hopeful. What it brings may mean that I can no longer support it as the best PTC. It's been the only PTC that has had universal praise. That might start changing. Yet... it has done quite a lot for the PTC landscape. I can't go back to the other PTCs - their payment method is too slow. A wary Kudos to NeoBux.

No comments: