Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Dying Trend?

Well howdy. It's almost been a month.

What have I been doing? Not much. Lots of relationship stuff.

I've been doing NeoBux, mainly. I'm wanting to do other PTCs
as well, or something else at the least, but it looks like the only
reliable PTC that has a rental system is NeoBux.

Gomez, Swagbucks, and NeoBux. And frankly, the money
so far hasn't exactly been that fast. Money from Swagbucks
has helped here and there, though.

My initial guess regarding NeoBux was to do with the
following calculations:
- 4 clicks per 3 referrals (break-even standpoint)
- How long this would take to reproduce more referrals who, in turn, make me enough money to
- Rent more referrals

A Standard member in NeoBux can have 300 referrals.

My calculation was thus this:

If there is a total and overall average of 4.1 clicks per
3 rentals, then after you make enough profit to rent referrals
and get to 300, you'll make a
daily profit of $8.10, a
monthly profit of $243, and a
yearly profit of $2956.50.

And the time in total to get to this would be
142 days.

Not exactly great, but then, it's a whole lot better
than investing 6 months of excitement, anticipation,
and around $200 into a site like bux.to!

Not too shabby, but indeed based on an assumption,
and an important one:
A 1.37 click ratio.

The next step has been to see what I'd actually get,
and adjust expectations accordingly.

Unfortunately, the ratio I've been getting have been
a lot lower than what would be needed. 1.14, and trending
downward. The reason, of course, is that I'm not recycling.
At all. Mostly because I'm curious of what will happen if
I keep the rental. Will the rental become active? Stay dormant?
For how long?

Since the renew prices have changed, and more types
of renews have been added, I've revised my approach
to being a bit more indecisive as to what to do next.
I both want to have a high average - as high as possible,
and I want to observe clickers. My approach to this before,
I suspect, was to over-recycle. Or maybe it wasn't -
I don't really know.

Additionally, having referrals who don't click - and click
less - is really boring. I'm finding myself less and less interested
in continuing, so I think I've going to soon recycle them,
if not just to make it so I don't lose hope (hey, it's my blog;
I can be melodramatic if I want).

But yeah. Everything otherwise, this internet stuff is
looking pretty shitty. If nothing else, when I get another
job I'll maybe use some extra money to speed the NeoBux
process along and find out this stuff faster, but that's about
all I'd do.

Maybe there aren't any decent PTCs. Or maybe I do just
need to upgrade to Golden, and that will change things.
*shrugs*

No comments: