Saturday, August 22, 2009

(New one) Paid to Review: Crown Royalz Reviewz

Off of a myLot discussion from Jennitasia I came upon a site called Crown Royalz Reviewz. The claims about it were that it "pays you to write reviews on anything you choose", "[y]ou get paid weekly", with "[p]aypal only". Well, not quite. It's a new site and it's actually a tad more interesting than that. Not scam interesting, though. I was just paid a few moments ago; I am accordingly both posting a proof and an evaluation.


firelash was paid within an hour - it was about 40 - 50 minutes after his first post:
1. "man this site looks a lot better than IM report cards...." (4 hours ago, now)
2. "I GOT PAID ALREADY wow thats a amazing...." (2 hours ago, now)
Like firelash, I was paid pretty fast - about 2-3 hours (My submission was accepted at 6:28PM and I'm writing this at around 9:10PM). He submitted ...

In checking the website to remind myself what firelash's reviews were, I've found that it's Under Construction. I believe he submitted a review about a movie, later doing one on Juno. I submitted one on work-online.org.uk (I like it), bux.to (scam), and 7UP (good for ya stomach).

After I submitted my first review, I wasn't sure what to do. It seemed to double as a sign up and a review at the same time. There wasn't anything specific to review, so I made something up and wrote a tad on it. A few minutes later (perhaps a half hour later), I got a message saying that my review was accepted. I responded to this email and asked for details. I then got another email where I was told that my balance was $1.00. So, I figured that I would be told my balance by email.

Responding to that same email, the admin person said to "allow a month for the payment to process". I then asked if there was a minimum cashout or when I could expect a payment to register/go through. My answer: "No matter what your account limit is: You will be paid once per month or sooner! We will have more funds for immediate payments soon!" and "We hope to have the funds for immediate payments very soon. We would prefer paying immediate payments!"

I then asked when the site started: "We just launched today. You are among the first writers. We will pay all writers. If we earn revenue (to pay the writers with that money) then it will stay launched. We are paying all writers with our own expenses right now! We hope to eventually be able to pay with the built up revenue. We hope that it will be a success. But not to worry. You will be paid."
My response to that was,
"^_^ Awesomez! [....] And you're on myLot! Sweet!"

However, her next response was:
"Yes, that is true. I really wanted to keep that on the down low. I just want to create a site that really pays you know. I hope that it grows. I will pay everyone for their work. My cash! LOL"
I wasn't quite sure why she was wanting to keep on the down low, but now that I've revisited the site to see it under construction, it makes a little more sense. However, I'm not sure why she wants to keep her ownership of it on the down low.

Scam? The possibility of scam is there; however, she is paying people out of her pocket, so unless she starts making upgrades a requirement, it doesn't look like it will turn scam. The only possibility I can see for it, in the negative sense, is the site not getting off the ground.


Anyway, now for the proof:
As you can see, the fee was a tad high...

No comments: